But we see that this alone is not enough.
Our position is that each company, together with its quality services, must leave a positive enviromental and social impression at the place where it operates, let alone when this place small and sensitive as our Donoussa.
So as Argalios Guesthouse:
1. We do not have air condition in our rooms because we do not think it is necessary. Big waste of energy and very poor air quality. North windows and roof fans do the same job and also drive out the mosquitoes!
2. In all of our rooms there are separate bins for the recycling of organic waste. These are sent to our compostator and then as a fertilizer in the vegetable garden. In this way we have reduced our garbage by about 20% and at the same time we enjoy fresh organic vegetables for us and our guests.
3. We consistently and joyfully participate as sponsors in every cultural and environmental action that takes place and concerns our island.
4. We use detergents from the BIO.ME self-managed industrial plant. As a business, we think that it is the minimum practice we can do to support the struggle of these people. Ace that is much better than a variety of chemicals that are on the market!
5. We are open all year (except if we travel around) offering breakfast in the off season (October to May). Our breakfast products are all seasonal, as organic as possible and purchased by small, quality producers
6. The question of recycling is of great interest to us and we are trying to develop it. This is why this year, together with the organics we mentioned above, we also separate the plastic bottles! We collect them in a special place and at the first opportunity we find them in recycling bins outside of Donoussa. We hope to do well, to find a more stable way of transport and to see Donousa as a pioneer in the field of recycling!